[Foss4g2009] Australian Visas

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Sat Feb 28 10:45:56 EST 2009

I've just had a chat with an Aussie diplomat in Pretoria and yes, the electronic system is quick and convenient - apparently if all the background checks are in order after you buy your ticket (presenting your passport at the same time) it gets issued electronically. But for countries or individuals not eligible, it is an individual application process requiring a stamp in your passport and takes around 20 working days. The recommendation is to start the process timeously.

Gavin