[Foss4g2009] Anyone using Microsoft's bing maps at FOSS4G?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Tue Jul 14 08:57:04 EDT 2009

Volker, can you please forward the following onto the proposed foss4g
presenters (CC the foss4g list).

Microsoft has expressed an interest in sponsoring FOSS4G, but has asked
whether the foss4g audience would be receptive to Mircosoft's bing maps
(previously call Microsoft Virtual Earth).

I expect that a large portion of the foss4g audience will use whatever
maps are available for free, whether they be google maps, open street
maps, or bing maps.

So my question to the FOSS4G presenters is:
Are there any foss4g presenters who are considering including Bing Maps
incorporating their presentation, or prepared to mention using Bing Maps
during their presentation?
If so, please contact us on the foss4g list in the next day or two so
that we can put a compelling sponsorship case to Microsoft.