[Foss4g2009] eblast report

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:22:33 EDT 2009

I've eblasted an extensive range of OSGeo community leaders and news
sources for the last press release, and a number of these people have
already forwarded the press release onto their community.

I've shared the list with a few FOSS4G committee members, Tyler, and
Tour Hosts.
It is here if you have access
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pu9014gybzrd1M6FqyOzGWg&hl=en

Tour Hosts, I'd prefer it if you don't use this list yourselves, but
rather have any eblasts sent out through the Organising Committee. I
don't want to abuse the use of this list.

Below is the message I've sent out:

----

Hello Community Leaders and news sources.

Could you please forward the "FOSS4G Call for Abstracts" out through
your news channels and email lists.

Local recommendations, and viral communication like this is a very
effective way to reach our broad community, and I'm expecting that it
will result in many presentations and a very vibrant healthy FOSS4G
conference.

The FOSS4G Press release can be found at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_7

Below are the list of local communities and points of contact that have
been identified. You should find your name below. Feel free to offer
suggestions and corrections if you see any issues.

<snip list of names>