[Foss4g2009] Demonstration Theatre

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:55:26 EDT 2009

> What commitment is required in relation to resources other than the
> physical ones you have stated - will you need another pair or hands?

I do not think so - I was fine in 2007. The only time I needed help was to
send a runner to Lecia GeoSystems that almost missed their timeslot.

> with the upstairs foyer used for the exhibitor space and the downstairs
> used for the poster space/OSGeo 'chill out' area (by the way....given your
> experience with the poster sessions - could you take a peek at the quote
> from TH - my feeling is that the number of boards (30+) seems excessive and
> we could reduce the amount and allocate the budget to providing some comfy
> furniture for the OSGeo area and make the downstairs space a really social
> space?)

I have seen around 10 posters at these things before; it really depends on
the number of academics that attend - and the ability to have a poster up
seems very important to them. One format I have seen is a double sided bored
with a poster on each side; and usually a student who is very happy to
explain a complicated diagram to you.

theatre format and the area for the exhibitors.   As an alternative we have
> kept G07 in our room block - would this be useful - it can do 60 theatre
> style?

G07 would be fine; as I understand the food / posters are right out side? Or
perhaps I do not know where the food is.

Jody