[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G and Ignite Spatial

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:54:40 EDT 2009

Stephen, thanks for forwarding to the list.

As mentioned on the phone, I think you have some good ideas here, and
I'm interested to hear what the others on the committee think.

A couple of options come to mind, probably with a number of tweaks on
both sides

1. Have the talk on the Monday night before the workshops. Focus more on
proprietary vendors and hence provide a different angle to the conference.

2. Replace the existing welcome reception. This already has a pub venue
set up.
Downside is that people will likely be wanting to talk to each other and
not listening in.

3. Make this part of the existing "Demo Theatre" which is planned to be
run as part of lunches and morning teas during the conference.