[Foss4g2009] Workshop printing

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Thu Mar 26 18:50:03 EDT 2009

Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com
I've clearly let this languish for too long, as I suddenly need more
information.  A 2 week lead time sounds good to me, but I'm concerned
about page limits.  I expect between 50 and 100 pages, and would be a
bit choked with less for the price attendees are paying.  It looks as
though we still have no quote on this amount of printing.  For my
purposes, I want to be able to tell workshop instructors on Monday what
is expected of them, ie. an acceptable number of pages and delivery
timeline.  Does anyone think 50-100 pages, comb bound (cheapest and will
lie flat) is appropriate?

I have an OfficeWorks price list in front of me, listed as valid until
the end of the year, which puts black and white copies at 6c each
between 501-3000 copies, colour at 75c each over 501, comb binding for
up to 100 pages at $1.95.  This would put 580 B&W books in the range of
$2871-4611, or $9-16 per delegate, though there will be some additional
costs for downloading documents and covers and such.