[Foss4g2009] Workshop printing

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Mar 31 09:10:27 EDT 2009

Mark Leslie wrote:
> We are stating in our call and submission instructions for workshops
> that we are expecting additional materials to be produced for attendees,
> such as handouts, workbooks or CD-ROMS.  Jody has brought up the
> question of what we are willing to do to support this.  Should we be
> prepared to provide print services for workshops; ie. instructors will
> upload material a week before hand and we will have enough printed to
> cover their room?  Alternately we can simply recommend a print shop near
> the convention center.  I believe there's a kinkos nearby.
>
> I don't think it's a question of offering printing to tutorial
> presenters, they will just get contact details for our preferred print
> shop.

For the record, since the 2005 event the LOC has been covering costs of
workshop printing.

Also, what works well is setting up an FTP account with folders for each
workshop ("print", "software") so presenters can upload the necessary
files.  It's also important that we put a deadline on uploading files
(so we can prepare the machine image and print materials before the event).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services