[Foss4g2009] Getting foss4g presentations and videos online

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Mon Oct 26 18:16:44 EDT 2009

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I have a draft email to be sent to presenters asking them to put their
> presentations online, and to confirm that they are available via CC
> license.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_39
>
> Andrew, can you please tell us where online I can find the release form
> for people to sign, and where people should send it. Ideally, I'd like a
> list of presenters that you don't have forms for.
>
> Arinex, Shoaib, can you please suggest how people should upload their
> presentations. Should we use the Arinex upload email address, or maybe
> website and if so what is the login/password?

Where will these presentations ultimately be hosted?  Will we be paying
to keep the Arinex site up for the next few years or will it be moved to
  OSGeo hardware?  I've got much of the workshop materials as well,
though not all.  Presenters have started putting up their own links.  We
can link to their sites or pull it down to ensure a long-term archive.
I favour the latter.

I also think we should make it clear that CC-by-sa is our recommended
license, but we are able to distribute it so long as they permit us.
Many presenters will not be able to make such a license fly, so we need
to make it clear that they can simply grant us distribution rights
(CC-by-nd as it happens, or simply an email saying "Sure put it up.").

--
Mark