[Foss4g2010] Re: Starting preparation for technology comparison presentations

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 28 18:50:49 EDT 2010

On 04/28/2010 03:17 PM, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Anyhow at the moment I would say that we'll try to offer more short
> lightning talks as possible, conscious that if we cannot fit all slots
> the WMS Shootout could benefit of some more fresh air.

> I cannot state this now and there's no need, IMO, to define it now.

I agree, it's early :)

After community voting it will be easy to see the kinds of special
topics that would be of most interest to the community as well.  Perhaps
adding the WMS shootout abstract to the voting list will also help give
you some idea of how broad the interest would be to make it a longer
session, etc.

Hey, maybe in the future the #1 voted presentation gets a plenary spot
:)  Hmmm