[Foss4g2010] Announce mailing list, spreading the news

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 30 13:49:53 EDT 2010

On 04/30/2010 10:34 AM, Volker Mische wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've no idea how many people are subscribed to the FOSS4G 2010 announce
> mailing list,

There are 258.

> but there weren't sent any announcement recently (like the
> Abstracts deadline, or the Community Program Review).

Right, last was call for workshops.

> Additionaly I don't read official announcements on Planet OSGeo (my main
> source for Geo FOSS news), only (that isn't a negative, but a thumbs up
> "only") a sometimes from other people.

All the osgeo.org/news headlines go into the planet, though the
aggregator doesn't format them very well from our feed, but you should
have seen any of those at least.

 > I think last year Cameron did a
 > good job with spreading the news.

We had specific people signed up to handle each list or distribution and
stuck rigorously to it, sure helped. :)

Tyler