[Foss4g2010] BoF at FOSS4G

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Mar 6 22:18:53 EST 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
>    * I, Cameron Shorter, organised 5 meetings of like minded people
>      over dinner, breakfast and during the code sprint. (Meetings
>      around Defence, Water, SDI implementers, GeoSpatial Businesses,
>      OSGeo Marketing). I had the advantage of having access to the
>      registration list, and hence could invite people individually.

I request that this never happens again.  These 'invite only' meetings
by the LOC at FOSS4G2009 left many of us who were not invited to
meetings like 'GeoSpatial Businesses' (including myself and others that
I know) feel that we were unwanted, after traveling across the world and
spending so much money to be there.  These meetings are a good idea, but
they must be open to everyone to attend.

-jeff