[Foss4g2010] General track Abstract selection

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 04:01:10 EDT 2010

The process we followed for foss4g 2009 was explained in this press release:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_21

Volker wrote an excellent script which the community used to rank the
presentations. I very strongly suggest that community voting is applied
again. It helped us abstract selectors significantly in judging which
presentations would likely be poplular, and allocating room sizes
accordingly.
We also didn't get any complaints from people about their sence of
unfair ranking. (Previous years had this problem)