[Foss4g2012] Meeting summary of FOSS4G 2012 meeting (3rd, July)
endofcap at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:03:24 PDT 2012
From China LOC:
• Gao Ang
• Xun Yan
From International Volunteer Group:
• Cameron Shorter
• Sanghee Shin
• Tanner Lin
• Bo Guo
Date & Time:
• July 3rd, 2012 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Beijing Time
• Gao Ang reported current situation of FOSS4G preparation from LOC side.
• Regarding PCO(Professional Conference Organizer) contract, LOC failed to sign a PCO contract with 3S News, a PCO company, last week. And LOC tried to find another PCO, but only to fail.
• Currently LOC is not optimistic about the hosting FOSS4G 2012 successfully due to lacking of experiences and staffs.
• Only 3 part time local volunteers are available in LOC now. However they don't have enough time to handle all the conference issues.
• LOC started to look over all the options including canceling.
• Cameron suggested a financial assessment or simulation for continuing and canceling conference.
• LOC & International volunteer group looked over the possibility of hosting FOSS4G 2012 as local event.
• According to Gao Ang, if LOC could not find PCO or hire full time organizer, LOC would like to cancel conference rather than make it a local event.
• Cameron stated LOC should make decision soon whatever that may be.
• Gao Ang will gather opinions from LOC members and then will report LOC's final decision on FOSS4G to OSGeo Board by this weekend.
• LOC's final decision on FOSS4G 2012 including canceling, continuing and downgrading to local event.
More information about the Foss4g2012