[Foss4g2013] FOSS4G 2013 starts here

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 02:01:51 PDT 2012

I just wanted to introduce myself to the list. I have the honour (and challenge) of chairing a brilliant team who will be delivering the FOSS4G 2013 conference in Nottingham, UK from September 17th to 22nd. If you want to know a bit about me you can have a look at my about me

We understand that there is a lot of disappointment and some anxiety arising from the cancellation of FOSS4G 2012. The UK are already getting into gear for next year's event, we have already had our kickoff call and have a full day of face to face planning scheduled for September 6th after OS GIS (UK chapter's event). We will have  anew web site up and running soon but in the meantime if you want to know what is going on follow us on twitter @FOSS4G on our temporary site that we set up when we were bidding to host the conference http://foss4g4uk.posterous.com/ or on the OSGeo wiki where we will post meeting minutes and docs.

We want to establish a dialogue with the community as we plan FOSS4G 2013 and we hope that this list will be the place where that dialogue happens. So if you have ideas, suggestions or want to ask a question of us post it here and one of us will respond.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Nottingham next year

Steven Feldman