[Foss4g2013] [OSGeo-Conf] [Board] FOSS4G rotation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 18 11:52:40 PDT 2013

On 13-04-18 2:01 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:

> It is difficult to be precise about cannibalisation by regional events
> unless we survey the delegates at these two regional events and ask them
> whether they plan to also attend Nottingham and if not whether they
> would have considered Nottingham if there had not been a regional event.
> Is that worth doing?

Peter Batty wrote an interesting analysis based on stats and surveys
from previous events about the potential impact of FOSS4G-NA on Beijing.

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Re-OSGeo-Conf-North-American-FOSS4G-conference-tp3714127p3714128.html

I also included a copy of the text below because it seems that Peter's
original post did not get properly archived on OSGeo's servers (that's
why the link above points to nabble and not osgeo.org).

Daniel