[Foss4g2013] FOSS4G 2013: Big Data workshop missing?

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Sun Jul 28 12:56:58 PDT 2013

Hi Peter,

I sent out an email on Friday to all workshop presenters with details of
our intention to reinstate the conference workshops list (
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-workshops) and I'll
share the free workshop schedule with you and the other presenters shortly.

Looking forward to meeting you in Nottingham :-)

Matt.

On 28 July 2013 18:37, Peter Baumann <p.baumann at jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> On 07/28/2013 03:36 PM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Peter Baumann
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear organizers,
>>>
>>> according to community votes [1], the "Big Data in Geo" workshop has
>>> received by far the most delegate support: 100 (runner up: 60). It's just
>>> that I cannot find it in the program [2] - can you shed light on this
>>> please?
>>>
>>   There's workshops and there's workshops...
>>
>>   That web page lists only the pre-conference, paid-for, booked up and
>> busy workshops.
>>
>>   The scheduling for the additional workshops, to run alongside the
>> presentations, has only recently been completed - we had to do a
>> thorough check that none of the workshop presenters were scheduled
>> alongside their presentations and so on. They'll go up on the web, as
>> "Community Workshops", sometime soon, along with the plenary session
>> info and the currently up-to-date presentation timetable.
>>
>>   But I can tell you that "Big Data In Geo" is scheduled for Saturday
>> morning. Our Workshop Team should be announcing everything soon, and
>> also inviting you to subscribe to the workshop mailing list for
>> details on what you need to do to prepare.
>>
>> Barry
>>

> excellent - thanks for letting me know, Barry!
> -Peter
>

> --
> Dr. Peter Baumann
>  - Professor of Computer Science, Jacobs University Bremen
>    www.faculty.jacobs-university.**de/pbaumann<http://www.faculty.jacobs-university.de/pbaumann>
>    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
>    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
>  - Executive Director, rasdaman GmbH Bremen (HRB 26793)
>    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
>    tel: 0800-rasdaman, fax: 0800-rasdafax, mobile: +49-173-5837882
> "Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis
> ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli
> destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD
> 1083)

Matt Walker
@_walkermatt