[Foss4g2013] [Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] Free Developer Slots at FOSS4G events

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Mar 11 09:45:21 PDT 2013

I concur with Paolo that the developers and users are the lifeblood of
Osgeo and that this should be recognized in a concrete manner, such as
easier access to the conferences. I also recognize events are expensive
to pull together. It is also true that having to pay to gain entry into
something builds personal incentive to both give and get more out of
that event.

I'd also note there is a lot of space between Free and Full Price to
play with.

> Someone is community member, when they own a username (printed on the
> badge).
> If you want to get a receipt and a company name printed on your badge,
> you need to pay the regular fee.

This sounds like a good idea.

cheers,

matt wilkie