[Foss4g2013] FOSS4G and AGI GeoCommunity relationship

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 30 02:05:07 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Passmore, James H. <jpass at bgs.ac.uk> wrote:
> I know from the planning that the FOSS4G and AGI GeoCommunity are meant to run together (http://2013.foss4g.org/dates/), but I'm unsure of the relationship with regards an individual's attendance.
>
> If I want to attend both events do I need to register for both (and pay full costs for both) or is there some other relationship?

 Yes, the two events are registered separately, funded separately, and
organised separately. Which means yes, you have to book and pay
separately.

 We've tried to arrange FOSS4G scheduling to make it more attractive
for AGI GeoComm attendees to stay over for a bit of Free and Open good
stuff.

 Also that pretty timetable needs updating a bit.

Barry