[foss4g2014] promotion and publicity plans

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Nov 6 17:51:22 PST 2013

I'd like to brainstorm ideas about promoting FOSS4G 2014.

What should our theme be?  There could be a serious theme pertaining
to content (I've heard user focus suggested) as well as a fun theme
pertaining to location/identity.  Nottingham's Robin Hood theme worked
very well for the location/identify theme.

What makes Portland soo Portland?  Bikes? Put a bird on it? Trees?
Smallest park in the world (I'm told this is no longer true or
contested)? What else?

Are we Portland or PDX?

Once we collect some of this information, then we can craft it into
press releases, promotional videos, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Eli