[foss4g2014] theme - region/city and conference

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Nov 18 22:58:43 PST 2013

All,

We've had lots of great ideas on the region/city theme.  Thanks everyone
for responding with great ideas.  We haven't had as many ideas on a
conference theme.  Any conference theme ideas?

If we can come to some decisions on the theme(s), this can be good input to
Elizabeth for the logo, alternatively the raw material can be a good
starting point for her.  The theme will also roll into clever marketing
things (next email on that).

There seems to be consensus on "PDX" so that is one aspect determined.

Here is a partial recap of ideas: Birds, Beers, Bridges, Bikes, (got a B
theme going), Bird on it, Forest/Doug Fir, Open for All, inclusiveness, OS
citizen, Open to the world; Open for the world, craft, artisan, Roses,
Port-/Geo-Landia, Water/Nautical, Green, ... more review available in the
thread [1].

Nottingham has Robin Hood (fun hats, Geo For All, arrows, targets, woods,
etc) perhaps that can prompt more ideas for us.

Best Regards, Eli

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g2014/2013-November/000116.htmland
continuing on that thread