[foss4g2014] academic track needs a new chair

David Percy percyd at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 21 08:07:15 PST 2013

Dear LOC,

I am sorry to report that it has become clear that I do not have the time
to make the academic track the success that it deserves to be.

I wish that this was not true, but as I realistically evaluate what I have
committed to already, I just think it's a recipe for failure.

I haven't been to a FOSS4G that had an academic track, and I really haven't
published any papers in a while, so I don't even know that I have the right
perspective.

As I mentioned at WhereCampPDX last year, I have to take a somewhat
backseat role in our PDX-OSGeo group for a while as I ramp up the
completion of my graduate studies.

I will be happy to help on the AT committee, and of course will still help
with the LOC, and coordinating the workshops at PSU. I will also help to
recruit a new AT chair!!! There were some nice folks from Nottingham that
offered to help out already...

Cheers,
Percy

--