[foss4g2014] Newbie to FOSS4G, Oldbie to mapping

Margie Roswell mroswell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 19:40:44 PDT 2014

Fabulous, thanks! That's a terrific map.

Below I've got some more questions, and some website feedback.

Questions:

   - How many people are attending the conference... Given the number of
   sessions happening at once, it looks huge!
   - Will there be video of any of the presentations?
   - Will there be a central repository of slides after the conference?

Website feedback:

I notice a number of highlighted (highlit?) venues on the map. So, now I'm
trying to figure out which events are where...

   - I can see from this page that the workshops are at OSU
   https://2014.foss4g.org/attending/venues/

   I suggest adding that info to each workshop link as well, or at least to
   the top of the workshop page.

   https://2014.foss4g.org/schedule/workshops/

   - The EcoTrust and the World Forestry Center appear on the map, but not
   on https://2014.foss4g.org/attending/venues/

   More website clicking reveals all... but you have to click on Social
   Events to find out which events are there. Maybe nice to add a blurb for
   both those venues on the venue page.

   - Ss long as I'm sending website notes... also at the bottom of each page
   Wordpress --> WordPress (and the link doesn't work.)

Figuring it all out,

Margie

--
http://FarmBillPrimer.org