[foss4g2014] Setting Conference Pricing

Kristin Bott bottk at reed.edu
Wed Feb 19 11:42:38 PST 2014

for TEDxConcordia a year or two ago, they brought in food carts (n=3?) for
the attendees (n=I don't remember, bah)... and the logistics were a bit
rough. Tiny kitchen, lots of demand all within a 45-minute time-window.

Should be fairly solve-able (limited menus, whatever) -- I'm happy to see
if I can track down the TEDx organizers to get a bit of info about how this
all worked on the set-up side? Eh?

-k.bott

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org>wrote:

> please expand!
>
> What's the "tricky" part?
>
> d.
>

> On Feb 18, 2014, at 22:00, Brad Smith <brad at hotpepper.com> wrote:
>
> Food at the OCC? I can really go on about that : )
>
> There's a parking lot across from the OCC and we used that to bring in
> some carts...it's kinda tricky, but it may be feasible.
>
> Brad
>
> WebVisions
> Explore the future of the Web(tm)
> *http://www.webvisionsevent.com* <http://www.webvisionsevent.com/>
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>
> *New locations and dates!*
>
> NYC - April 3-4, 2014
> Portland - May 7-9, 2014
> Barcelona - June 19-21, 2014
> *Chicago* - Sept. 24-26, 2014
> *Berlin* - Oct. 23-25, 2014
>

> On Feb 18, 2014, at 9:39 PM, Wm Leler wrote:
>
> I believe Brad Smith has brought in food carts during the Webvisions
> conference at the OCC.
> You can ask him about their experiences.
> I've copied him on this email.
>
> --wm
>
> On 17 Feb 2014, at 12:51 PM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org> wrote:
>
> That's a great idea - and close enough we could easily convince people to
> attend -- assuming we could round up enough actually mobile carts.
>
> Molly and Beth are working on actual catering estimates, so let's wait
> until they come back with something, but this seems pretty promising as an
> alternative.
>
> Similarly, I'd like to wait for the numbers so we can do some estimating
> of how much we could lower the cost so we can be specific in our poll,
> which I think is worthwhile to do...
>
> d.
>

> On Feb 13, 2014, at 17:12, TC Haddad <tchaddad at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Actually it looks like in 2014 there will only be one farmers market (on
> Tuesdays)
>
> The location that hosts those farmers markets is owned by a private entity
> and they might be amenable to a cart fest. They currently already host:
>
> Tuesday: Farmers market
> Wednesday: music in the park
> Thursday: nothing - maybe we can schedule a cart fest?
> Friday: nothing - maybe we can schedule a cart fest?
>
> you can see more about the venue here:
>

> http://www.langleyinvestmentproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/013113-Oregon-Square-Fact-Sheet-Langley.pdf
>
> it is 3 blocks (or one max station) away form OCC.
>
> Tanya
>

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Matt Sayler <matt.sayler at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> OCC I can pretty much guarantee would have a problem with that.
>> Washington CC had a problem with people selling cookies for charity at PAX
>> (The Cookie Brigade). Actually, weren't even selling them technically.
>> Taking donations.
>> On Feb 13, 2014 4:41 PM, "Darrell Fuhriman" <darrell at garnix.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Now that's an interesting idea.

> [...]

Kristin Bott
Instructional Technologist / Quantitative Applications
Instructional Technology Services (ITS)
Reed College

ETC 225
503/788-6642