[foss4g2014] OSGeo LIVE at foss4g

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Jul 31 07:40:19 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Darrell and the rest of the FOSS4G committee for printing OSGeo-Live
> USBs for the conference.
> I'll be very interested to know how many of the USBs are picked up. (Hoping
> all of them). I've added some details to our osgeolive history page:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History#8-13_September_2014.2C_International_FOSS4G
> Feel free to correct details, or set a contact person. Eli, maybe you will
> be able to act as the contact person?

I'll be the contact if someone closer to the printing, workshops, or
booth doesn't do it.

> Was there discussion about an OSGeo-Live presentation being slotted into the
> program?
Yes.

> What was decided on that?
We have an outstanding question on that,
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g2014/2014-July/000502.html.
The decision is basically, the offer to open a slot for an unspecified
speaker who has not yet been confirmed and is of unknown speaking
quality is not desirable and we'll probably not do that.  If you make
us a better offer, a specific confirmed speaker of known (good)
speaking skill, then barring logistical constraints, yeah, we'll try
to make space.

Eli