[FOSS4G2016] weekly update 28.8.2016

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Aug 28 06:57:52 PDT 2015

Hi Till,

Some comments on the updates:

- liability: I will start a draft today of the document that Maxi is
mentioning on the Board list, for the both of us to sign (I don't think
this can wait any longer)  You and Steven can then change this draft if
needed.

- movie: regarding music, when I think of "FOSS4G" and "music", there is
no question, there is only one thing I think of: a guy in the
OSGeo-Japan chapter, his name is Takashige Nakagawa (twitter:
https://twitter.com/monomoti/), creates FOSS4G songs, for each
FOSS4G-Japan event.  So, each FOSS4G event there has an official song,
and it plays during breaks of the talks etc.  They are always really
great!  I know, it is very late now for him to help create a song for
your video, but I am sure he would love to help with a song(s) for the
main 2016 event!  If you are interested I will put you in contact with
him :)

- hacking weekend: please include MapServer in that list (even if it is
just me attending ha).  I can spread this news to the MapServer PSC.

- volunteer: the cost of using volunteers from our community (students
etc.) is well worth it, as they get exposed to FOSS4G and can learn and
then share.  It is a win-win.

-jeff