[FOSS4G2016] Draft of Call for Participation in the Program Committee

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Wed Dec 9 10:51:36 PST 2015

Bonsoir,

I would like to raise one question for the LOC.

In our last IRC meetings we have discussed matters that go back to our
motto, building bridges. We have tackled the matter of attracting other
communities that have adjacent activities and interests to ours. With
that respect, I would like to ask of your opinion in approaching the
participants at the 2015 Eurisy Members' Day, that will take place
tomorrow.

Context:
Eursiy [http://www.eurisy.org/] is a non-profit association that has as
the main role "to create networks between space and society". The event
tomorrow will be held at ESA headquarters in Paris and will reunite
representative from various national space agencies (Germany, Italy, UK,
France etc.), from relevant companies, research unites and such with the
title "Societal challenges on the European Space Agenda & Big Data: Quo
Vadis?". This comes within the context of expanding the impact of ESA's
[http://www.esa.int/ESA] space projects such as Copernicus
[http://www.copernicus.eu/].

I have the opportunity of speaking from a user perspective and I think
it would be highly relevant to present and to launch the invitation of
FOSS4G 2016 for RS community to expand their reach beyond their comfort
zone, by getting involved.

What say you?

Regards,
Codrina