[FOSS4G2016] WIKI-documentation of our Activity

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 3 05:33:43 PDT 2015

Hi Till,

Comments inline:

On 2015-06-03 5:15 AM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> after a meeting with Carmen, Athina, Arnulf and me yesterday we decided
> to cancel sending around information via email only and to start to
> documentate our activity in the following way:
>
> All generel and not sensitive information and planning issues should be
> written down here:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016
>
> If you do not have an OSGEO account, it's time to create one NOW ;-)

Excellent!  Having most info on the OSGeo wiki also makes it easier for
future FOSS4G local committees to learn from you.

Also a little reminder, for every new page that you create on the wiki
be sure to paste this text at the bottom of every page (so your page can
be found and automagically listed with all other FOSS4G2016 pages):

   [[Category:FOSS4G2016]]

> All more sensitive, internal information such as sponsoring plannings,
> cost-plans, bank account issues and so on should be documentated in an
> internal WIKI, for this we've installed a doku-wiki on our Jiffy box:
>
> http://134.119.5.200/wiki/
>
> If you need an account for this (I would say all LOC memebers) please
> contact me, I am the "chief" and have administration rights, so I can
> create your account.

I would like an account on the internal wiki also.

> @Arnulf&Athina, please share your notes from yesterday with all
> organizers here
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Meeting_minutes

aha! I added the missing category to your meetings page (so that your
meetings page is automagically listed at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:FOSS4G2016).

Also, I'd like to make a request to the entire 2016 local committee to
please please consider storing all copies of files (logos, text
documents, sponsor documents, raw designer files for logos, website
files, everything) in SVN at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:FOSS4G2016

If you go up a directory, you can see that we/I archive files all the
way back to 2003 for FOSS4G events, and each year a new FOSS4G local
committee member thanks me for this (it's great to find a logo or
document).   However you can also notice that not every local committee
listens to my request (so some years are empty).  Let's raise the bar
for 2016!

If you need write permission for this SVN instance just let me know
(I'll need your OSGeo user ID: http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid).

Thanks,

-jeff