[FOSS4G2016] LocationTech collab For Bonn?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Nov 5 09:43:55 PST 2015

This is interesting, I wasn't aware of such a track.  Is there an
"OSGeo" track?  I know from years of FOSS4G experience, that getting
OSGeo projects represented for both presentations and workshops is a
real struggle, so you can imagine my surprise to see such a track.  Put
plainly, just a reminder that the global FOSS4G event is the OSGeo
foundation's event, so before we go adding other tracks, I think we
should be sure to have a plan for the OSGeo foundation and its projects.
  (for many years, for example, I would contact project leaders who were
under-represented in presentations and workshops and nudge them, I did
that for countless FOSS4G events)

So, short story: is there a plan to be sure to have OSGeo projects
prominently represented in presentations and workshops?

-jeff