[FOSS4G2016] LocationTech collab For Bonn?

Marc Vloemans mvloemans at boundlessgeo.com
Thu Nov 5 10:57:54 PST 2015

And regarding who is in the lead; we are.
We can of course duplicate last years conference.

But let's be realistic;
- working as closely together as in Foss4gNA is not the issue (this is far more ad hoc) and that event was a success for all
- LocTec has projects under their wing that are really pulling in new developers, new users (also for GeoServer et al, the OSGeo projects), new products
- projects that add value to OSGeo projects, certainly for end users
- they have a huge mailing list that we can tap into
- they have access to big time end user organisations that use agnostically open spatial IT, which we as OSGeo sourly lack
- these organisations in turn can either be sponsors themselves or attract exhibitors (the service suppliers like Terrestris Boundless etc)

If they can help with a special track, which will draw extra crowd extra exhibitors extra sponsors extra publicity, I gladly collaborate as long as we have the overall directorship.

If we are going to build bridges, let's build them! Not walls...;-)

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Kind regards,
Marc Vloemans