[FOSS4G2016] Tracks/Workshops/Sessions

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Fri Nov 6 05:12:04 PST 2015

Christian,

what you list in my eyes is "normal duty" for every session chair.

Just to clarify this, because what I meant is far more.

The "dedicated-workshop-chair" is responsible for the whole "workshop".
Of course s/he must keep the time and introduce the speakers. But s/he
also comes to LOC/ProgComm with his/her idea for the topic, invites
speakers fitting into the topic and session and so on and so on. For
this we do not seek chairs later, the chairs take over the initiative.

Of course we need also "session" chairs for the "normal track" - and of
course we need some of them, but that's another story.

Till