[FOSS4G2016] FOSS4G 2016 Poster

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Nov 11 09:16:48 PST 2015

Hi Volker,

My first impression was the it is very difficult to see the OSGeo logo
inside that cube.  Don't get me wrong, I love the cube, I have a stack
of those stickers from Astride behind me now.  But what I am saying is,
when I first glance at that poster it appears that this event is hosted
by FOSSGIS.e.v.  (strong prominent orange logo in lower right) I do not
get a sense that FOSS4G is actually hosted by the OSGeo foundation.

I actually collect the large FOSS4G posters (they are all on my walls of
my basement here), so yes I am sort of an expert with an interest, ha!
:)  So just now, I walked downstairs and looked at all the posters.
There on the wall staring at me is the huge poster from FOSS4G-Seoul.
It has the name of the event, date, then a design/image, and then at the
bottom in large font (the only logo on the poster) is written: "Hosted
by [OSGeo logo]".  That matches exactly what I would want to see in your
poster draft.

Also, please add the year, "2016" somewhere on the poster.

Thanks,

/your FOSS4G poster collector

-jeff