[FOSS4G2016] Regarding 10th anniversary

Anton Popov anton at foss4g2016.org
Sun Nov 15 15:46:01 PST 2015

Hi list,

while thinking about the upcoming Early-Bird-Shirts I stumbled across [1] ;)
There was a suggestion to put the logos of the previous FOSS4Gs longside
a "10th anniversary" title -.

First of all I'm counting 11 logos there [1] (10 of which are labeled
"FOSS4G"). Second number 9 (PDX) seems to already have celebrated a 10th
birthday (it's in their logo!!).

So from a marketing point of view, I don't think it is wise to have a
second 10th anniversary.

I'm aware that the FOSS4G conference emerged from those other user
conferences (UMN/Grass/???) and counting the years is therefor difficult
;). But still, since the 10th has been mentioned in several discussions
already, I thought to bring it up, before it's too late. I for one (if I
had visited PDX and wasn't into all that orga-stuff (i.e. a regular
attendee)) would have quite a deja vu effect on this.

Or has this been discussed somewhere already?
Can someone clarify for me how the anniversary should be regarded? =)

TIA
Anton

[1] http://www.foss4g.org/