[FOSS4G2016] Web site: Sponsors

Arnulf Christl (FOSS4G) arnulf at foss4g2016.org
Tue Nov 17 02:21:49 PST 2015

Hi,
we need to make space for the sponsors. Can somebody make a suggestions
how to best solve this on our web site?

We need at least 5 categories (+ maybe the Diamond option). Initially we
should only make those categories visible which already have at least
one sponsor (to avoid "empty space"). Lower levels should probably have
slightly smaller screen space for logos. The logos should be fair sized,
this means total number of pixel, not max width and max height. Makes
placement more difficult but is more equitable.

We will also have a number of institutional supporters like the United
Nations, Geogr. Dept of the University of Bonn, etc. We already have a
confirmation from UNOSA and we may NOT to use their logo (says their
legal department, Sigh...) but we may use the following wording on our
web site:

"With the support of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs"

I suggest to make an additional category "Partners" or "Associated
Partners" or "Institutional Partners" above "Media Partners" where we
can add this text.

Examples:
Maybe check out how they did it (at the bottom of the first page):
http://www.geospatialworldforum.org/

We should also consider making the Diamond (if we get one) appear on the
very first screen after opening the web site, right beside the "hosted
by OSGeo" "Diamond Sponsor xxx"

In 2014 they dedicated a whole separate page:
http://2014.foss4g.org/sponsor-foss4g/sponsors/index.html
...but I suggest to make the titles "Gold, Sivler, Bronze...) a bit more
apparent, maybe underline them or make discreet boxes around categories.

Portland was very broad with Media sponsors (14), do we also want this
or restrict to less? (I would say we take who we can get, right?).  We
need to know now so that we can start to connect with the media partners.

Thanx,
Arnulf