[FOSS4G2016] Web site: Sponsors

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:04:39 PST 2015

Having fought long-teethed Transylvanian subjects over the years with silver bullets, oak and ash stakes, crosses and garlic;
- pick one Media partner per continent with online and offline presence (check sites like GeoSpatialWorld Forum, INSPIRE conference, LocationTech for titles/names/contacts)
- involve local chapters If needed for additional info
- promise them periodical news blurbs/stories etc (they need to fill space for minimum cost max advert revenue) PR will gather story lines from across the LOC
- negotiate online banner/logo space and per quarter a 2page story space, plus mention in their publicly available year agenda (published online and in print)
- prepare a standard outreach blurb and a mail follow up
- if after one reminder still no answer, leave that one
- PR&Marketing will take over the contact and work once formal media partnership is agreed/signed

My two Euro cents

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans