[FOSS4G2016] Seoul meeting

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Sep 9 06:00:13 PDT 2015

Am 2015-09-09 14:41, schrieb Jeff McKenna:
> Hey 2016 committee!
>
> For those who will be at FOSS4G-Seoul next week, should we plan to
> meet briefly to talk in person about 2016?  It will be a crazy week
> so
> we should pick an hour timeslot I think.  Suggestion: what if we use
> some of the OSGeo AGM time to talk of 2016 all together?  The
> timeslot
> is Thursday 17:10-18:00.  I think it makes a lot of sense to speak
> during that.  Maybe we/Till could add an agenda item to the wiki?  :)
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2015
>
> -jeff

Hi Jeff,

I also thought about something like that. I know, that I am there and I
guess, that Volker (program committee) will be there, but I am not aware
of anybody else from LOC.
Don't know, if AM is the right board to discuss single conference
issues, but perhaps we might use it in order to discuss some issues we
had in the past weeks:

- agreement for seed money and financial backup of FOSS4G events
between OSGeo and LOC
- add need for risk analysis to FOSS4G proposals
- do we need a general legal entity for FOSS4G LOC's (I guess a lot of
money went off in the past, because the entity was a PCO)

Beside that there might be a lot of boring time at OSGeo booth for
talking about 2016 (I added me to some time slots and also for helping
you and Vasile for setup and teardown).

Till