[FOSS4G2016] LOC FOSS4G 2016 - please wake up again!

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Apr 21 23:42:21 PDT 2016

Dear LOC,

this is just a reminder, that we aren't done with the preparation of
our conference! I am sort of unhappy, that only three (including me)
people joined IRC yesterday. There are several important points to do
and to decide. On top of that, we aren't done with the keynoters yet
although this is a very very important point and we really really fast
acceptance or rejection of the people requested.

Some of the most important and VERY urgent points:

@Codrina:
I know that you asked somebody for keynoting on "Open Data", who
obviously hesitates. Please give him/her a short-term deadline,
otherwise we'd have to ask somebody else *A*S*A*P*.

@Marc:
What about a keynoter for Disaster Management *A*S*A*P*?

@Marc/Arnulf:
What is the state on "Cleaning up the webpage?

@Marc:
Status of Media Partners? What did we do to get more of them? Makes
sense to have them *NOW* not in two month.

@PR&M:
No reaction yet on my request to really spread the opening of
registration press release, but no other actions at all.

@Arnulf:
Need a short description of Wordbank-keynoter with picture ASAP (see
also http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/294)

@All
We need a decision on how to proceed with the travel grants. I
personally "+1" the proposal Christoph made here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:FOSS4G_2016_Travel_Grants
If no more votes come in until this evening, we adopt that.

@All
We have only 3 of 6 keynoters fixed yet. Assuming Codrina and Marc will
bring in one, there is still one remaining slot. We *could* ask OSgeo to
present their "new strategy", I personnally would prefer asking Andrea
for talking about FOSS and Geospatial and OSGeo and  Location Tech ....
opinions? Other ideas?

You see, a lot of important things, please wake up ;-)

Till