[FOSS4G2016] Accept/reject talk emails

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Apr 27 02:09:07 PDT 2016

Hi LOC,

Registering before the 1st of July seems like a good idea to me. 15th of June is perhaps even better. That leaves us with at least some time before the holiday season kicks off if presenters -for whatever reason- do not register to find an alternative.

Early bird discount ends in 10 days. It would be fair to extend this -just for the presenters- two week (given the fact that the upcoming weeks are filled with holidays).
I suppose our "financial department" has to decide whether our funds are enough to engage all 180 presenters for the reduced early bird discount fare.

The travel grant program is an option for just a few presenters (those form the lower-income countries). Therefore I would not emphasize this too much, or at least make it clear that this only concerns a minority of the presenters

Regards,

Gert-Jan