[FOSS4G2016] Speaker's corner and/or demo theatre

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Apr 27 06:54:51 PDT 2016

Hi Till,

Just to make sure we're on the same topic:
What I have in mind with the speaker's corner is a small stage, in a sort of cabaret/stand-ip comedy like setting, where anybody can take the stage for a short talk. Because of the high rate of circulation of speakers I'd minimize the setup time per presenter.
My ideal setting would be: here is the microphone, there is the audience, your 5 minutes start now.

The demo theatre as know from previous FOSS4G's seems a bit of a different approach (as far as I can see from a Google search). It's focused on demonstrating working software.

Both approaches are valid and can even be mixed (e.g. demo's in the morning, talks in the afternoon). However the label "demo theater" doesn't quite fit what I had in mind.

Your suggestions?