[FOSS4G2016] Traveling with friends

martin at foss4g2016.org martin at foss4g2016.org
Tue Aug 16 08:04:16 PDT 2016

Hi Guido,

this hint for you, travelling via Düsseldorf Airport:

If you take a train to Bonn, don't take a train to "Siegburg/Bonn". This
sometimes seems to be very fast, but you would have to change there,
wait for a tram and then take that slow tram for half an hour extra tour
to Bonn City!

Instead take the train to "Bonn Hbf" (or one of the other small stations
within Bonn - if your accomodation is closer to one of those). There
will be up to four connections per hour, depending on time of day.

Fast trains (ICE, EC, IC) are a little bit more expensive and you may
have to change once more in Düsseldorf Hbf or Köln Hbf (Cologne).
RE-trains are a little bit slower - but cheaper and some don't need a
change.
Regardless which train you take: it will need a little bit more than an
hour to Bonn.

Have a good trip!

Martin Arimont
LOC FOSS4G Bonn 2016

Am 2016-08-16 15:54, schrieb Guido Stein:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I am flying into Dusseldorf (DUS). Based on what I found on the
> internet it should not be a problem to get from there to Bonn, but
> since I have not done it... It will be an adventure for me.
>
> ;)
>
> -Guido
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM Michael Gould <gould at uji.es> wrote:
>
>> Guido, which airport are you flying to: Cologne, Frankfurt? There
>> are frequent trains from both to Bonn main station station.
>>
>> Mike

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if people would be interested in sharing travel
>>> plans. I am flying alone and am not totally sure how to get from
>>> my airport to Bonn. I would love to tag along with others if they
>>> are doing the same thing around the same time. Since the train to
>>> Bonn is an hour I thought it might be nice to hang out with some
>>> other folks on the way in.
>>>
>>> I don't know what the best way to do this is. I figure there will
>>> be a lot of #foss4g twitter traffic, but perhaps we could use a
>>> gist to figure out if there are others who we could meetup with?
>>>
>>> If this sounds like something you would be interested in please +
>>> this thread and after 5 or so +'s I'll start up the gist and
>>> share the link here.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to the conference,
>>>
>>> Guido
>>>
>>> p.s. I am still collecting words and prizes for a Conference Bingo
>>> Game (unofficial). I will close down word collection tomorrow at