[FOSS4G2016] [Program] Map submission is now ready for testing

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:14:07 PST 2016

Hi Chris,

On 01/19/2016 09:05 AM, Christian Mayer wrote:
>> > - Why is it mandatory to submit an image (no bug, just curious)?
>>
>> We'd like to show the map on the website, hence it needs to be uploaded.
>> This way you also won't forget to attach it later on. Though I can see
>> you the point that you might want to submit something and attach it
>> later. I'm not sure about it. It can easily be changed, so if anyone
>> feels strongly about either solution, let me know.
>
> Oh, it is OK that you have to attach it while submission.
> What I meant is the point that you might want to submit a interactive
> web map, so you do not necessarily have an image. But making a
> screenshot and submit this shouldn't be that hard ;-)

Thanks for the feedback, you reminded me that I wanted to add a sentence
about taking a screenshot. I've added now to the description:

"If it's an interactive map, please create a screenshot."

I should also check how hard it would be to make mandatory fields marked
as those, that would be helpful.

Cheers,
  Volker