[FOSS4G2016] IRC chat today 01-28-2016 17h CET

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:31:10 PST 2016

Hi LOC,

Meeting 2016-01-28
-------------------

here's the important information, action items and questions from the
weekly meeting.

As the attendance was pretty low, I start with the questions that can be
answered with replying to this mail.

- What's the status of the blog functionality of the website. Will there
be one?
- Sponsorship team: please look over the website and make things clearer
on how to sponsor [Note Volker: This is how I understood the agenda item])

### Attendees:

Cordrina, Gert-Jan, Volker

### PR & M

#### Next Press release
Next press release will contain information about the 4 key topics: land
info, open data, RS and disaster management.

Action item for every representative of those key topics:

 - by next Wednesday (2016-02-03), have a shrt text ready for Codrina.

The press release will then look like (quoting her):

<codrina> 1. a summarising short text with 2 phrases for each topic /
community we are trying to reach out to - this would be general..
<codrina> 2. the specific CfP that would be sent out to specific mailing
lists, blogs etc.
<codrina> #specific CfPs (for open data, for land info etc)

She will open Redmine issues for each topic.

#### Distribution of the Call for Papers

We haven't had any information, Codrina will report it later

#### Sponsorship

Sadly no one from the sponsor team attended, hence the question is
included in this mail, see above.

Cheers,
  Volker