[FOSS4G2016] time for some more numbers...

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sat Jun 25 09:20:42 PDT 2016

The figures as of today (June 25th):

587 registrants, from all continents (except for Antartica)
497 of them finalized their registration and thus will attend.

80% from Europe (GER, UK, DK, NOR, NL, SWE, CH) and a remarkable Estonian invasion of 17 people (which gives Estonia the award for the highest participants/inhabitants ratio)
In total more than 50 countries, of which 7 African countries.
Relative low figures from Austria (due to FOSSGIS in Salzburg?), Spain (7) and Brazil (0, probably due to the economy and the Olympics?

On the 2-months-before-the-conference mark, this sets us slightly behind the schedule of FOSS4G 2013 in Nottingham (which ended up which 797 participants), a bit ahead of Portland 2014 (which had a slow start of registrations, but ended up with 858 attendees) and on the same level as Denver 2011 and Barcelona 2010 (that ended up with 886 and 870 attendees)

Keep up the good work, then the 800-mark is within reach.

Greetings from Bonn,

Gert-Jan