[FOSS4G2016] admission fee for presenters, workshoppers trainers etc.

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Mar 1 23:46:15 PST 2016

Am 2016-03-01 20:55, schrieb Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting
OSGeo.nl:
> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday en today I had contact with 2 potential presenters from
> Holland.
>
> What came to my mind was that I don't know whether presenters,
> workshop trainers/guides/supervisor and other activists pay the full
> entrance price or have a somehow reduced entrance fee.
>
> If they pay the full price, a submission is in fact also a sort of
> blanc contract to join foss4g, but without knowing the entrance fee
> nor the program (yet)
>
> Do I miss something here?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Gert-Jan

Hi,

just to make it clear to everybody:

1. In general there are *no* free tickets! We'll have only three
exceptions:
  - we from LOC (due to the LOC list in the OSGeo WIKI)
  - keynoters
  - our student helpers (they work for us 50% of the time)
2. All presenters have to pay full entrance, we can't make it other way
(regard, we'll have around 150-200 presenters, how could this work?)
3. We agreed in having a minor reduction for workshop trainers, but
that won't be really much, maybe 25% - in Korea and Nottingham there was
no reduced fee at all
4. what are guides, supervisors, "other activists" ...?
5. The fees will be between 550-600€ for early bird and 700-750€ for
regular - we didn't announce them yet: For now we plan with the higher
fees, but want to reduce them as we get more sponsors coming in

So the rough numbers could be released, if somebody asks.

Till