[FOSS4G2016] Ebola and other Keynote

Codrina Maria Ilie codrinamariailie at gmail.com
Mon May 2 03:39:23 PDT 2016

Hi, guys!

I agree with Marc.

What do you say if we approach in the same way these guys as well:

1. Joel Gurin (New York), as EVP of Consumers Union, launched and grew
Consumer Reports' website, www.ConsumerReports.org; under his leadership
it became the world's largest information-based paid-subscription site,
with 3M+ subscribers. In December 2009, Gurin joined the Obama
Administration as Chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
of the Federal Communications Commission. He served as Chair of the
White House Task Force on Smart Disclosure, which studied how the
government can provide Open Data to help consumers make choices in
complex markets including health care, financial services, education,
and energy.

- this is a very long shot, but worth trying.

2. Richard Stirling:
He leads ODI (Open Data Institute) global advisory work, overseeing all
ODI’s work helping people innovate with data from multi-nationals and
national governments to small startups.

Richard has considerable experience at the heart of UK government
transparency and data initiatives, creating the strategy and leading
implementation of open data in the UK and advising the UK Prime Minister
and Cabinet Office on public sector reform.

Should I write them ?

Regards,
Codrina