[FOSS4G2016] Mailchimp monthly costs

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed May 4 00:26:20 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

Our Mailchimp (newsletter) account holds several lists (from btoh 2014
and 2015; particpants and sponsors etc).
The total number of subscribers on these lists sum up to almost 5000.
The major list alone already 3000+

That number means we're above the free Mailchimp account program (upper
limit: 2000).

Theoretically one could create one or 2 extra accounts, and stay under
the 2000 limits.
Not by me though, since that would be very impractical to maintain.

Therefor I ask to provide a budget of 50 euro's/month for 5 months
(including September) for a 5000 subscriber Mailchimp account
I know that somewhere along the line Till, Marc and I agreed on a 5K
marketing budget, but I could find these expenses in our budget plan.

So 3 questions:
- Is the 5*50 = 250 euros (ex VAT) budget OK?
- How to pay & claim these expenses (paying can be done by my own
creditcard)
- And to make things like this easier in the future: who's in charge of
these decisions. Torsten? Till?

Cheers,

GJ