[FOSS4G2016] Keynotes & program

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed May 4 02:46:53 PDT 2016

Hi "keynote-committee"
(that's an opt-out committee; as long as you don't explicitly announce
that your not part of this committee, you are part of it ;-)

Overviewing both the regular program as well as the keynotes we have so
far I notice that at least 3 subjects are hardly addressed so far
- Smart Cities
- Internet of Things
- Terrorism & Security

There are some talks on the technical aspects of sensors, sensor web
standards etc, but I can't find anything on the impact of these trends,
and the role open source & geospatial can play in these games).
Security is in a few talks regarded from a users/roles/networks point of
view, but I'd like to have somebody from Islamic State on the stage, who
tells how open data en geospatial software helps to develop the
Caliphate.

To be taken into account in our search for the final keynoters?

Regards,

GJ