[FOSS4G2016] topic talks: anybody?

Arnulf (aka Seven) arnulf at foss4g2016.org
Sat May 7 15:20:46 PDT 2016

Folks,
I am on the verge of going offline for a week but wanted to give a short
description of what my thoughts were around the Land Information topic
beforehand. This is a short abstract (maybe suitable for the website /
program):

== Land Information ==
The Topic Talk "Land Information" will bring together technical, legal
and geospatial expertize from an international perspective. We will
highlight the needs of Land Information Agencies, NGOs and businesses in
so called developing countries and how they can be supported by Open
Source technology. We will highlight different approaches to managing
and monitoring land ranging from traditional surveying to crowd
sourcing. The objective is to identify which approach is the best fit
for which purpose and to find ways how they can complement each other.
[EOF]

I hope to be able to get a speaker from the Land Authority in
Afghanistan but have no confirmation yet.

More when I'm back.

Cheers,
Arnulf

Arnulf Christl