[FOSS4G2016] Accept/reject talk emails

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Sun May 8 10:07:27 PDT 2016

Hi Till,

On 05/08/2016 09:02 AM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
> I am undecided regarding the speakers of the general track, because they
> had at least two weeks for registering or even email us and ask, whether
> it would be possible to register later under Early Bird conditions.

+1. That sounds fair to me.

> Looking into the system we have 364 registered people in the system but
> only about 300 of them completely finished their bookings - and with
> that come inti the Early Bird conditions. What we can do is delivering a
> list, so we can check, how many of the speakers already registered.

I would say the speakers had enough time to register. I don't think
there's a need to have early bird for them. Though we should think about
if we are hard and won't give anyone an early bird account, or if the
decide on a case by case basis in case a speaker was late and is asking
for it.

Cheers,
  Volker

> Am 2016-04-27 11:37, schrieb Volker Mische:
>> Hi Gert-Jan,
>>
>> On 04/27/2016 11:09 AM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl
>> wrote:
>>> Registering before the 1st of July seems like a good idea to me. 15th
>>> of June is perhaps even better. That leaves us with at least some
>>> time before the holiday season kicks off if presenters -for whatever
>>> reason- do not register to find an alternative.
>>
>> Fine for me. Are there other opinions?
>>
>>> Early bird discount ends in 10 days. It would be fair to extend this
>>> -just for the presenters- two week (given the fact that the upcoming
>>> weeks are filled with holidays).
>>> I suppose our "financial department" has to decide whether our funds
>>> are enough to engage all 180 presenters for the reduced early bird
>>> discount fare.
>>
>> It's not really 180 presenters as some present several talks.
>>

>>> The travel grant program is an option for just a few presenters
>>> (those form the lower-income countries). Therefore I would not
>>> emphasize this too much, or at least make it clear that this only
>>> concerns a minority of the presenters
>>
>> Wouldn't this get clear from the travel grant page? I prefer making
>> sure, non of possible candidates misses it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Volker

>>> for that are due on May 30th. For more information, please see: