[FOSS4G2016] Attendance fee and transparency report

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon May 9 01:54:32 PDT 2016

Daniel,

sorry, but that's simply wrong:

1. It's clearly said on the website:
http://2016.foss4g.org/attending.html#registration
2. We published press releases and twittered, that conditions for
registering are on the webpage.
3. Our prices are published for at least more than 6 weeks now (I guess
even longer).

If somebody really now says, that he does not know, what the conference
costs, this is definitely not our problem.

Last words to this: It is *not* our first goal to make any surplus, but
it is at least *my* goal to cover our costs. Don't know whether you ever
thought about what such a conference costs.
I do.
Every day.
Regarding past prices of FOSS4G conferences let you at least get a
clue, that speakers of course have to pay, that the conference costs
some money and how much is quite easy, even if actual prices are not
there: Just look on past FOSS4G-conference websites.

I stop engaging in this discussion for now, because this does not lead
us to any results. If someone feels he/she needs to help us in setting
up the webpage, do PR&M or whatever, feel free.

Our problem is, that we have to figure out ASAP, which speakers won't
show up because of fees and how we react.

Till