[FOSS4G2017] Any estimate on room rates at conference hotel yet?

julia harrell jlhgis at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 08:37:29 PDT 2016

Hi folks

In doing some initial planning to see if I might be able to make it to Boston next summer, I'm curious to know whether there's been a conference room rate negotiated yet with the hotel. If there has been, what is it and when might we expect to be able to make reservations? If nothing has been finalized yet, a 'ballpark' estimate would still be very helpful if one is available.   Federal hotel per diem for Boston is $262. I'm just wondering if there is a "snowball's chance" of meeting it -  I checked the hotel website and they were advertising standard room rates of $377 and considerably upwards.

Thanks,

Julia Harrell, USDA APHIS